Frozen fruit—harvested ripe and frozen quickly—is packed with vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. No wonder diets rich in fruits (fresh, canned, frozen or dried) can help protect against chronic diseases. This easy smoothie bowl is filled with frozen berries, and topped with nutrient-rich toppings. It’s healthy enough for your next breakfast, lunch or filling snack.
- 1 cup frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- 1/3 cup plain, unflavored soy milk*
- 1/2 banana, ripe
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa nibs (unsweetened, crushed cocoa beans)
- Place all ingredients in a blender container. Process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into bowl and top with chia seeds, additional frozen berries, hemp seeds and cocoa nibs.
- Enjoy immediately.
*May use milk of choice.
Try additional toppings, such as unsweetened, dried coconut, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, and pistachios.
This recipe is by Sharon Palmer, RDN, The PlantPowered Dietitian. She is a Los Angeles-based, award-winning food and nutrition writer, plant-based food expert, and author of Plant-Powered for Life and The Plant-Powered Blog.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.