This colorful side can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes and requires only five ingredients. Balsamic vinegar and a little brown sugar form a beautiful glaze that brings out the natural sweetness of carrots. This healthy vegetable contains the antioxidant beta-carotene (a plant form of vitamin A), as well as other beneficial carotenoids.
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 4 cups baby-cut carrots or 1/2-inch diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots. Sauté until carrots become tender crisp and start to brown slightly, about 11-12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle vinegar and sugar over carrots, stirring to thoroughly coat carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Download Free Less Brown Quotes Photos
Freehdphotos provides free multiple types of photos with text available on this site so you visit the site. These all Less Brown Quotes get free on the free hd photos site.