This colorful side can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes and requires only five ingredients. Balsamic vinegar and a little brown sugar form a beautiful glaze that brings out the natural sweetness of carrots. This healthy vegetable contains the antioxidant beta-carotene (a plant form of vitamin A), as well as other beneficial carotenoids.
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 4 cups baby-cut carrots or 1/2-inch diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots. Sauté until carrots become tender crisp and start to brown slightly, about 11-12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle vinegar and sugar over carrots, stirring to thoroughly coat carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.