Sometimes simplicity is best. This easy dinner requires just four ingredients and cooks within 20 minutes. Trout is rich in protein, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids. It has a light flavor and too much fuss can muddle its mild taste. Preparing it with lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper creates the perfect summer dish to bake in the oven or throw on the grill. Pair with a cool green salad and a whole grain side for a quick and healthy meal.
- Olive or canola oil cooking spray
- 4 trout filets (4 oz.), with skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 lemons
- Set rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Or, preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot and prepare it for cooking with indirect heat.
- Lay large sheet of heavy-duty foil over large baking sheet. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Arrange trout filets on foil, spacing about 1 inch apart and leaving at least 2 inches around edges. Coat fish lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle each filet with a pinch of salt and 5 or 6 grinds of pepper.
- Using sharp knife, cut off end of a lemon. Cut lemon into the thinnest possible slices. Using the tip of the knife, flick the seeds out of each slice. Arrange 3-4 lemon slices down the center of each trout filet, overlapping them slightly. Lay another sheet of foil over fish and roll edges together to seal fish.
- Bake trout for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily at thickest point. (If using an outdoor grill, slide packet with fish onto grill and later slide it back onto baking sheet to help lift off grill.)
- To serve, transfer each filet to a dinner plate. Encourage diners to eat lemon slices with the fish.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
be8f8f9kefje0i4t49yu59ti04gudhd9wir948ty8tf9id0eu4r8gjiokdp098incm Nmghdfkdfhe iefwdkwsfheifoew Samuelveits
Yndkfvhdjkfhke nkfnslkfn klfnklf
Nkfhofjeojfoegoero ogeoegfeougeihigoohge igjeigheiogheiogheih giehdgoiehifoehgioheighe hfioeehfieohgeiodgnei hioehgioehfdkhgioehgi eodghioedhgieghiehgeuo
Nihdigheifjojfieui iihfishfiwsfhiwhfowhfh hfsdfhkdcndjkfhe klchsiofhwifhdvjdnj hkfhsfhifheuhguegheflkhe
Yfhsfheifhei hfhdfiehfiejfk fjeogjeogj ojgoedjodjvsclksfhszghLhekjb; ;dh jdjvndkjdfjsofjsofjosjfi fojsjdoskfsjfodgjdsghoi sdjfpfgspegjsodjvdhvgisd
Mfjefjojgidhvshg ihidhgiodhgirhgir hioihgdioghrigrigh ihgiogherihgirodvdks jsdjfsopejfovgjdksjosj joesjfoesjfsj;ifsjg
Ndjsfhjifekfhekdghior highdiofhidogheioghei gijhgoiehgiehgieh jfiheigheihgioe