This healthy, fruit and veggie packed smoothie will remind you of carrot zucchini bread, with a hint of peach to sweeten it up the natural way. Smoothies are a great way to include more healthful servings of veggies in your diet—with fruit acting as a natural sweetener. Use up a bumper crop of zucchini or yellow summer squash in this smoothie, which will appeal to everyone in your family.
- 1 medium peach, unpeeled, halved and pitted*
- 1 small carrot, unpeeled and chopped into quarters
- 1/2 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, unpeeled and chopped into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk**
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- Place peach, carrot and squash in the container of a blender.
- Add pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, milk, vanilla extract and ice cubes to blender.
- Cover and process a few seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately, or chill until serving time.
*May use unsweetened canned or frozen peaches
**May substitute milk with nondairy alternative
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.