This delicious twist on deviled eggs is so creamy and satisfying, you’d never know it was a healthier version of traditional deviled eggs. This appetizer is packed with protein and B-vitamins from the eggs, as well as heart-healthy fat and fiber from the avocados. The addition of traditional guacamole ingredients—such as lime, cilantro and tomato—added to the filling bring an extra punch of flavor. Serving the guacamole-esq filling in egg halves helps provide a portion-controlled appetizer for the perfect bite before the main course.
- 12 eggs
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- Hard boil eggs by placing eggs in an even layer in large pot covered by 2 inches of cold water. Heat pan on high and bring to rolling boil. Immediately turn off heat, cover pot with lid and let eggs sit on hot burner for 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to bowl of ice water to cool; peel eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise and scoop out yolks; place yolks in large mixing bowl.
- Add avocados to yolks and mash with fork until completely mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients, except paprika. Stir to combine.
- Carefully scoop about 1 Tbsp. of mixture into each egg white half.
- Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- Top with jalapeño, if using.
Eggs take longer to cook at higher elevations, so keep that in mind depending on where you live. Fresh eggs are also more difficult to peel; to make it easy (and end up with a smooth, perfectly peeled egg), buy your eggs 1-2 weeks before you plan to make this recipe, if possible.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
These recipes need to be in a cookbook - either a digital PDF or a printed version .
These recipes are all so good ! but it is a pain to have to print them out or save each one . People woudl love these in a cookbook form !
The recipes look scrumptious!
I wish you had all the recipes compiled in a cookbook as I would be the first in line to buy it.
Looks delicious I’m going to try it.