The spicy sweetness of ginger pairs beautifully in a tart lemonade, softened with red berries that lend a pretty pink shade and sweet flavor. With only a touch of agave nectar, the berries offer the bulk of the natural sweetness to compliment lemons in this thirst-quenching beverage, which is as beautiful as it is delicious. Serve it over ice in pitchers at parties, for a picnic on a sunny day or keep it in the fridge for a healthy hydration option during the week.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar*
- 3/4 cup sliced raspberries or strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (6 medium lemons)
- Place water, ginger, agave nectar, berries and lemon juice in the container of a blender.
- Process for a few seconds until smooth.
- Transfer to a pitcher and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over ice.
*May substitute honey or maple syrup.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.