If you’re in a breakfast rut, this recipe is the perfect start to help you eat healthier all day long. A delicious combination of vegetables, beans and eggs follow our cancer-protective proportions of plant and animal foods. Seasoned with salsa, cilantro and topped with cool avocado, this frittata is sure to make it into your morning routine.
- 1 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper, onion, jalapeño and black beans and sauté 5 minutes, being careful not to mash beans. With wooden spoon, stir vegetables and beans until evenly distributed.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and pour eggs over top. Spread with spoon to evenly distribute across vegetables and beans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are just set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and allow cheese to melt for just a minute. Gently slide the frittata onto a plate or platter.
- Top with avocado slices and salsa. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.