The American Institute for Cancer Research recommends a cancer-prevention diet rich in whole grains and colorful fruits and vegetables, and these easy-to-make peach pizzas make meeting that goal a snap. This recipe yields four individual pizzas, and they come together quickly with whole wheat naan, lean chicken breast, red onion, part-skim mozzarella cheese, zesty BBQ sauce, naturally-sweet peach slices and arugula. If you have kids at your table, invite them into the kitchen to help.
- 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (8 oz.), cut into thin slices
- 4 whole wheat naan (3 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup no sugar added barbecue sauce
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 firm, ripe peaches, pitted and cut into thin slices (15 to 18 slices each)
- 1 1/3 cups arugula or other favorite salad green
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of Kosher salt and a few cranks of black pepper, to taste.
- Place all four naan on prepared baking sheet. Spread barbecue sauce evenly on top of each. Layer with chicken, red onion, half the cheese, peach slices, and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts and naan are crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, top with arugula and serve.
*If you can’t find individual 3-ounce whole wheat naan, use two larger naan and slice in half before serving.
If you're interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact our Corporate and Foundations Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. All AICR Healthy Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.