Have you tried making your own hummus? This easy recipe is made with five simple ingredients, its name in Arabic literally translates to “chickpeas.” These cream-colored beans are full of protein and rich in fiber. Tahini is ground sesame seed paste that adds creaminess and a distinctive nutty flavor. Hummus can be served with pita bread or used as a dip for raw veggies like carrots, celery and bell pepper slices.
- 2 cans (15-oz.) no-salt-added chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. reserved chickpea liquid
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Paprika or parsley sprigs for garnish, optional
- Place all ingredients except salt and optional garnish in food processor.
- Process until mixture is coarsely puréed. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with a dash of olive-oil, paprika, olive or parsley sprigs. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.