Start your morning off right with this fresh fruit oatmeal. Rolled oats, like all whole grains, contain vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and fiber. Research has shown that eating whole grains lowers your risk of colorectal cancer and the soluble fiber found in oatmeal can also help lower blood cholesterol. Seasonal fruit, flaxseed and chopped walnuts add extra nutrition and beneficial omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk, or other plant-based or dairy milk, divided
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 tsp. honey, optional
- In small pan, cook oatmeal with 1 cup milk according to package directions.
- Place oatmeal in serving bowl. Pour ¼ cup milk over oatmeal (heat milk if preferred). Sprinkle on flaxseed and cinnamon.
- Top with pineapple, strawberries, walnuts and honey, if desired.
Recipe may be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.