Stir-fries are quick, versatile, and pack a variety of flavors and textures into a one-pot meal. This shrimp and pineapple version features a colorful variety of snap peas, pineapple, basil, and bell pepper. You can switch up the vegetables for any you have on hand and add a different protein like chicken or tofu. No matter how you mix it up, it cooks in about 15 minutes, making it a great, healthy option for a busy weeknight.
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1.5 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can be fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 2 large heads of broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups fresh snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 medium whole pineapple, chopped
- 1 small bunch or about 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium tamari
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely grated ginger (or 1 tsp powdered ginger)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. honey (can sub agave or brown sugar)
- Dash of red pepper flakes, if desired
- Prepare teriyaki sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently for about 2-4 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Remove shrimp from pan to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium high heat. Add broccoli, snap peas, peppers, and garlic to the pan. Saute, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and reduce heat to medium and cover pan with a lid. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and add shrimp, water chestnuts and pineapple. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Serve on its own or over brown rice, quinoa, or another whole grain of your choice. Finish with a garnish of thinly sliced basil and sesame seeds.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.