This simple salad features cool English cucumbers, fresh fennel and tangy Greek yogurt. Fennel contains fiber, potassium and vitamins A and C. It’s mild licorice flavor gives the salad a delicious punch. The Greek-style yogurt with a splash of apple cider vinegar makes a light creamy dressing with the perfect tinge of tartness.
- 1 container (5-6 oz.) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 small or 1/2 large fennel bulb, cut into quarters, cored, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fennel fronds, divided
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, fennel and 2 tablespoons fronds and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with remaining fennel fronds. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- If using large English cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise before slicing.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.