Keep it light and fresh this week with a cooling raita. This simple condiment is made with just 4 main ingredients — radishes, cucumber, yogurt and spices. Radishes are cruciferous vegetables rich in vitamin C and anthocyanins while cucumbers contain vitamin K. Use it on hot kebabs, herbed flatbread or as an easy side dip.
- 2 large radishes, quartered and thinly sliced, (about ½ cup)
- 1 small Persian cucumber, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced, (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Set raita aside 10 minutes to let flavors develop. Raita will become a bit thinner.
If Persian cucumber is not available use a 5-inch cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds scooped out and discarded and cucumber finely chopped.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.