Warm apple cider is the perfect winter comfort drink. This special version combines two potent spices, ginger and turmeric for a unique flavor and nutrition profile. Fresh ginger, for example, contains a pungent substance called gingerol while turmeric gets it characteristic yellow hue from the class of cancer-fighting compounds, curcuminoids. Both are being studied for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 1 cup fresh sweet apple cider
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. grated fresh turmeric
- 1 strip (1/2-inch by 1/2-inch) lemon peel, white part included
- Dash cinnamon, optional
- In small saucepan, combine cider, ginger, turmeric and lemon peel. Over medium-high heat, heat until ring of bubbles appears around edge of pan, 3 minutes.
- Cover pan and set aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot-spiced cider through fine tea strainer into mug. Serve immediately.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.