This toast variation is the perfect way to sneak vegetables into your breakfast. Dark leafy greens, including Swiss chard, are one of AICR’s Foods that Fight Cancer due their content of carotenoids. In lab studies, carotenoids found in dark green leafy vegetables can inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer cells, including skin, lung and stomach cancers.
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 2 large chard leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. feta
- 1 hard boiled egg, thinly sliced
- Toast bread.
- Sauté chard in olive oil until soft and reduced by about ¾ in size.*
- Spread it atop your toast, sprinkle with feta, and top with hard-boiled egg.
- Option to add a squeeze of lemon, chopped garlic, or crushed red pepper flakes while sauteing chard.
- Option to substitute chard with spinach or kale.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.