This recipe is a fun way to marry chicken and Swiss chard. Fill and roll the chicken cutlets with a flavorful blend of vegetables and load your plate with fiber, vitamins A, C and E, potassium and calcium. The delicious honey mustard glaze complements the earthy flavor of Swiss chard. Bed the chicken roll ups on roasted vegetables for additional health-promoting plant foods!
- 4 chicken cutlets (1 lb.)
- 4 large Swiss chard leaves
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch diagonal slices
- 4 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. dried mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse Swiss chard, cut stems from leaves and chop leaves and stems into 1-inch pieces, separating stems from leaves.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté carrots and Swiss chard stems for 5 minutes. Add chard leaves, shallots and garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare large, shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Place cutlets in pan and spoon chard mixture evenly on cutlets. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chard mixture. Roll up cutlets and fasten with toothpicks. Leave seam side upward. In small dish, combine honey and mustard and baste roll-ups.
- Bake roll-ups for 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees fahrenheit. While roll-ups are baking, baste periodically.
- Remove roll-ups from oven and let rest a few minutes before serving. Serve roll-ups whole or sliced.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.