Enjoy the crispiness of fried fish with a healthy twist by baking fresh tilapia, coated in crushed walnuts and whole wheat bread crumbs. Walnuts contain high levels of polyphenols, which are phytochemicals that have antioxidant properties. They’re also rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and other important nutrients including copper and manganese. Done in 20 minutes, this simple recipe makes the perfect weekday dinner.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 lb tilapia
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat baking dish with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Beat egg in mixing bowl and add lemon zest, remaining olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix walnuts and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Dip fish into egg mixture. Then dredge in crumb-nut mixture, coating both sides well. Place breaded fillets on prepared cooking dish.
- Bake for 17 minutes (or until inside of filet appears opaque) and serve.
This recipe is sponsored by California Walnut Commission.
If you’re interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact our Corporate and Foundations Relations department at email@example.com. All AICR Health-e-Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians.
If you're interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact our Corporate and Foundations Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. All AICR Healthy Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.