This flavorful, versatile kebab recipe encompasses all the safer grilling techniques, including marinating and using small pieces of meat to keep grill time short. Marinated, lean turkey paired with colorful bell peppers, onions and tomatoes create a delicious rainbow ready for every table.
- 8 wooden or metal kebab skewers
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breast (or chicken breast)
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Soak wooden kebab skewers in water.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with foil (1 pan if grilling).
- Mince garlic.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove 2 tablespoons marinade and set aside in large bowl.Cut turkey breast into 16 equal size chunks. Add turkey to medium bowl with remaining marinade and toss well. Set turkey aside to marinate.
- Cut turkey breast into 16 equal size chunks. Add turkey to medium bowl with remaining marinade and toss well. Set turkey aside to marinate.
- Cut and seed each bell pepper; cut into 8 pieces and add to large bowl with reserved marinade. Add cherry tomatoes and toss to coat with marinade.
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and then each half into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- To assemble kebabs on skewers slide on tomato, green pepper, turkey, half an onion wedge, red pepper, other half onion wedge, turkey, yellow pepper and tomato or in preferred order. Lay kebabs on baking pan(s).
- If broiling, position oven cooking rack 6 inches from broiler and turn on high. If grilling, prepare grill.
- Broil or grill kebabs for 6 minutes. Turn kebabs and cook 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey is 165 degrees F.
- Serve with yogurt.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.