This easy dessert is a simple take on a summertime staple. Watermelon packs vitamins C and A and lycopene, a potent antioxidant. Whip up this treat for your next summer gathering or when you’re in the mood for something delicious and refreshing.
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp. sugar, divided
- 1/3 water
- 1 1/2-2 lbs cubed seedless watermelon
- Mint leaves for garnish, if desired
- Using fine grater, scrape outer green part of limes' skin (the "zest"). In a small bowl, combine zest, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 cup of juice from limes. In small saucepan, combine remaining sugar with 1/3 cup water. Bring mixture to boil. When sugar is dissolved, add zest mixture. Remove from heat, stir and cool to room temperature.
- In blender or food processor, puree melon to make 3 cups liquid. Place in 9"x 9" metal pan. Blend in syrup. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer. Freeze until slightly hard, 6-8 hours; stir. Before serving, scrape well with fork and scoop into serving bowls.
- Garnish with mint if desired and serve immediately.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.