Healthy snacks can add important nutrients to your diet and help keep your hunger satisfied between meals. These roasted chickpeas are a great make-ahead option that packs fiber, protein and other beneficial phytonutrients. Sprinkle on salads, in soups, or enjoy them all on their own.
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 Pinch of cayenne pepper
- tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl, use small whisk to combine cumin, paprika, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, cayenne and salt. Mix in oil.
- Lay double layer of paper towels on work surface. Rinse chickpeas in colander. Shake well and spread chickpeas in one layer on paper towels. Blot chickpeas, using another paper towel. Repeat, making sure chickpeas are as dry as possible.
- Add chickpeas to spice mixture, using your fingers to gently mix and massage until they are evenly coated. Discard any loose skins. Spread coated chickpeas on prepared pan in one layer.
- Bake chickpeas for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until crispy and firm. Turn and roll chickpeas around about every 5 minutes. Cool chickpeas on pan.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
All ready to go
Guess I’ll wing it