A marinade can add flavor and spice to a simple dish. This Asian Chicken features the sweet and savory combination of honey, soy and ginger. It’s easy to prepare and takes only half an hour to bake. Plus, ginger contains gingerol and zingerone, which are being studied for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Pair with brown rice and a simple green salad.
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts with ribs, skinless
- In small skillet over low heat, combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, onion and ginger. Stir until honey melts, about 1 minute.
- In medium baking pan, cover chicken with sauce until well coated. Arrange breast side down, ensuring parts don’t overlap. Tightly cover pan with aluminum foil. Marinate 2 hours (longer is better) in refrigerator.
- Before cooking, remove pan from refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place covered baking pan in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan and turn chicken over. Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Baste once with pan juices after 10-15 minutes.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.