The protein-packed lean turkey breast and whole-wheat tortillas give you long-lasting energy and staying power to satisfy your hunger. Filled with colorful veggies like spinach, onion and peppers, this dish offers a great introduction to a variety of cancer-fighting foods.
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. finely ground coffee
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb turkey cutlets or boneless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch by 3-inch pieces
- 4 taco-size (9-in) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2 (1/2-in) slices red onion, halved crosswise
- 12 (1/2-in.) strips red bell pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, coffee and black pepper.
- Place the canola oil and turkey in mixing bowl and add dry seasoning. Using a fork or your hands, mix to coat turkey evenly with the marinade. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Lay a large sheet of foil on your work surface.
- One at a time, heat tortillas in dry pan until they are flexible, about 1 minute, turning them after 30 seconds. Stack tortillas on foil, covering them with an inverted plate until all tortillas are warmed, then seal tortillas in foil, and set them aside.
- Heat a grill-pan or stovetop grill over high heat until a drop of water flicked onto it dances. Using tongs, arrange seasoned turkey pieces in rows on grill, placing them 1/2-inch apart. This may require cooking turkey in two batches. Grill for 6 minutes, turning pieces every 1 minute so they cook evenly and to avoid burning. Transfer cooked turkey to serving plate.
- To assemble fajitas, place warm tortilla on a dinner plate, preferably warm. Arrange one-fourth of spinach in center of tortilla. Add one-fourth of turkey. Spoon on one-fourth of salsa, top with half an onion slice and 4 pepper strips. Fold in the top and bottom of the tortilla, then sides.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.