This colorful salad is a great side dish to include with your meals. The ingredients offer a substantial amount of protein and healthy fats, perfect for those experiencing unintentional weight loss. In addition, this dish helps to provide over one-third of the average person’s daily fiber intake that may assist with promoting bowel movements for those experiencing constipation.
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black or Kalamata olives
- 5 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmasean cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Combine salad ingredients and toss with quinoa.
- Place pesto ingredients in food processor or blender. Purée on medium-high and add water until desired consistency.
- Toss into quinoa mixture. Allow to set at least 2 hours before serving to maximize flavor.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Quick and easy, loved it.
Quick & easy, would recommend!