Place a bowl of this attractive dish on any festive table and serve up some delicious cancer-fighting phytochemicals. This quick and easy recipe has many satisfying combinations – savory, sweet, crunchy, juicy, bright and colorful. Once prepared it can be served as an appetizer with baked whole-grain pita chips or used to top salad, salmon, chicken or plain yogurt.
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 nectarine, peach or Fuji apple, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. pomegranate molasses or 2 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In bowl, use fork to combine pomegranate arils, nectarine, onion, pomegranate molasses or pomegranate juice, salt and 3-4 grinds pepper.
- Mix in cilantro. Let salsa sit for 10 minutes so flavors can meld.
- To add spice, use fresh diced jalapeno to taste.
- Salsa keeps for 2 days, tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Serve as accompaniment with chicken, turkey, pork chops or grilled shrimp. Sprinkle over green salad, combine with cooked quinoa or add a spoonful to garnish a bowl of butternut squash soup.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.