This toast is best in the summer months when tomatoes are in season, but it can be eaten year-round with even just the cucumber if you can’t find good tomatoes. Cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein with ½ cup providing 14 grams, and a good source of calcium.
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4-5 thin cucumber slices
- 2-3 thin tomato slices, cut into quarters
- Cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Toast bread.
- Spread cottage cheese on bread.
- Top with cucumber slices, tomato slices, and black pepper.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.