Cool off your summer days with this refreshing kiwi salad. Arugula, a leafy green, contains iron, vitamins A, C, K and folate. Kiwi and strawberries add a touch of sweetness and are excellent sources of vitamin C. Toss with the citrus dressing and toasted pecans for extra fiber, protein and flavor.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 fresh lime juice (lemon may be substituted)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one large orange
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby or regular arugula
- 4 green onions, sliced thin, including green stems
- 4 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped, toasted pecans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together orange juice, honey, lime juice and paprika. When well combined slowly add oil and continue whisking until mixture is smooth. Stir in zest and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and allow dressing to stand for a minimum of 10 minutes for flavors to mingle.
- On large serving platter or in large salad bowl, spread arugula and sprinkle with green onions. Arrange kiwi and strawberry slices on top.
- Just before serving drizzle salad with dressing and garnish with pecans.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.