Start your day with more than just a cup of coffee. This delicious mocha smoothie features chilled Purity Coffee, nutritious bananas, energy-rich nut butters and anti-inflammatory turmeric. Coffee contains a variety of phytochemicals, many of which have antioxidant properties. There is plenty of research on coffee and cancer risk with over 1,000 studies on the topic. The latest research suggests it may be protective for some cancers like endometrial and liver. Purity Coffee will also donate 25% to AICR on every future purchase you make.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup brewed Purity Coffee, chilled
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (e.g.: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter)
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric root, minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Drink immediately.
- Brew coffee according to instructions, then let chill in refrigerator overnight.
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract can be used in place of the whole vanilla bean. The fresh turmeric root can be replaced with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered turmeric.
This recipe is sponsored by Purity Coffee.
If you’re interested in becoming a corporate sponsor please contact our Corporate and Foundations Relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org. All AICR Health-e-Recipes meet AICR recipe guidelines and are reviewed and analyzed by AICR Registered Dietitians.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.