Fresh vegetables are a colorful addition to your summer barbecue. This versatile recipe is simple, flavorful and our new grilling go-to. Made with a variety of bell peppers, summer squash and mushrooms, your version can use any seasonal produce. A marinade of olive oil and balsamic reduction adds a light sweetness and enhances your body’s ability to absorb their fat-soluble vitamins.
- 3 medium bell peppers, chopped (any color works red, yellow and orange)
- 2 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 container baby bella mushrooms (~8 oz)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced (or 1/4 cup pre-made balsamic reduction)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Place chopped vegetables and mushrooms in large mixing bowl. Toss with oil and salt and pepper, if using, to coat evenly. Add vegetables to a grill basket and grill over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender. If you don’t have a grill, spread vegetables evenly over 1-2 baking sheets and roast for 20 minutes at 400°F, stirring after 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium/low and let vinegar simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The reduction is done when vinegar has thickened enough to lightly coat the spoon. Let the balsamic glaze cool (at room temperature or in fridge); it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- To serve, drizzle glaze over roasted veggies and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.