Turn to the flavorful combination of oranges, bananas and yogurt to create a far healthier version of an Orange Creamsicle Shake. With just five healthy ingredients, you can create a smooth, rich, fruit-packed smoothie that will be a hit among young and old alike. Citrus fruits are packed with disease-protective antioxidant compounds, and bananas offer a pure sweet, creamy flavor to replace added sugars in this recipe. Yogurt provides creaminess, plus a boost of protein.
- 1 large, ripe banana, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup orange juice (from 2 fresh medium oranges, or use prepared)
- 1 medium orange, zest and fruit
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- Place bananas and orange juice in the container of a blender.
- Use a fine grater or zester to create zest from 1 medium orange and add to blender. Peel orange, divide into sections and add to blender.
- Add yogurt, vanilla extract and ice cubes to blender and process for a few seconds until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into 2 large glasses and serve immediately.
Pour mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze for a healthy dessert.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.