This colorful quinoa salad is full of vibrant flavors with the addition of zesty lemons and fresh cilantro. It is also rich in cancer-fighting foods including omega-3-rich avocados combined with fiber-rich quinoa, chickpeas and fresh vegetables. The dish is plant-based, but hearty and filling enough to be a satisfying meal for everyone.
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cups spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 15.5 oz can no salt added garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 2 medium avocados, diced
For the dressing:
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad mixture and gently toss ingredients together until dressing is incorporated throughout.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Recipe and explanation of benefits.