Take advantage of summer’s sweet produce with this vibrant salad. Gem-colored peaches and beets boast healthy amounts of fiber, potassium and vitamin C as well as anthocyanins and polyphenols. Plus, research has shown that diets containing fruits can help lower risk for esophageal, oral and other cancers.
- 2 medium cooked red beets, sliced ¼ -inch
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced ¼ -inch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. minced mint leaves (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tsp. minced thyme (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 cups sliced peaches without skin (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta)
- On platter arrange beets and tomato slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine shallot, mint, thyme, oil, lemon juice and honey. Stir well to combine. Add peach wedges and gently toss to coat.
- Arrange peach mixture over beets and tomatoes. Top salad with walnuts and cheese, garnish with mint and thyme sprigs and serve.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.