This breakfast toast features a hearty dose of cancer-protective ingredients and bold flavors. Packed with a hearty dose of fiber and protein, the combination of egg and beans is satisfying and balanced.
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 2 Tbsp. refried beans (e.g. Amy’s light in sodium refried black beans)
- 1 Tbsp. pico de gallo (or any salsa)
- 1 sunny side up egg
- Toast bread.
- Warm beans on stovetop or in a microwave.
- Cook egg sunny-side up.
- Top all ingredients onto toast.
You can also make this one with fresh black (or pinto beans), however using ready-made canned refried beans makes it easy to whip up quickly.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.