Meal prep this healthy, delicious combination based on white beans, carrots, cauliflower, sorghum, pistachios, kale, and Mediterranean herbs. In about 45 minutes, you can put together 4 plant-based, gluten-free entrée salads for a week of healthy eating.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whole grain sorghum, uncooked
Roasted Vegetables and White Beans:
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Sea salt (as desired, optional)
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into 4 wedges
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add sorghum, cover, and simmer over medium for about 45 minutes, until just tender. Remove from burner. Drain any remaining liquid.
- While sorghum is cooking, prepare roasted vegetables and white beans.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a baking sheet, arrange a thin layer in vertical sections of: carrots slices, green bell pepper slices, red onion slices, white beans, and cauliflower florets.
- Drizzle oil and lemon juice evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the vegetables evenly with: oregano, garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, black pepper, and sea salt (if desired).
- Mix the seasonings into the vegetables with tongs (or your hands) to distribute well.
- Place on top rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven.
- Prepare each salad: In each of four glass rectangular containers, arrange kale, and top with one-fourth of the cooked sorghum and one-fourth of the roasted vegetables and white beans. Garnish with roasted pistachios. Add a lemon wedge. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- To serve, squeeze lemon wedge over salad and enjoy!
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.