If you’re rushing around this week, dinner may seem like a daunting new task. Don’t worry! We have a healthy dish you can prepare in a breeze. Frozen veggies cut down on prep time and thanks to flash-freezing technology, contain the same nutrients as their fresh counterparts. Beans add protein and extra fiber. Serve this soup with some warm, crusty whole grain bread for a quick and wholesome meal.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added black, Great Northern, or navy beans
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup frozen tri-colored bell peppers
- 2 tsp. dried oregano or thyme
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and bring liquid to boil. Add lima beans, reduce heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add canned beans, mixed vegetables, peppers, oregano and pepper flakes and simmer covered for 5 minutes. Add broccoli, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. This soup keeps covered in refrigerator for 3 days. Reheat in covered pot over medium heat.
- To serve, divide soup among deep bowls. Option to top each serving with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
This recipe was specially crafted to support cancer prevention and survival. It adheres to AICR's Cancer Prevention Recommendations. Learn more about our recipe guidelines.
Recipes you might also love:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.