These savory salmon kabobs offer the great flavor of barbeque without having to fire up the grill. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, an anti-inflammatory fat linked to heart health. Colorful vegetables and a light, Mediterranean marinade add healthful phytochemicals and delicious flavor. Broiling in the oven helps cut down on the carcinogenic HCAs typically produced when grilling meat.
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 skewers
- 1 lb. wild salmon, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 large whole mushrooms, stems removed, halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper, deseeded, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 8 pieces
- Canola oil cooking spray
- If using wooden skewers (in lieu of metal ones), soak them in water for about 30 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine juice, oil, garlic, seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well and divide in half.
- Add salmon and vegetables to half of marinade and gently toss to coat pieces. Cover and marinate for about 30 minutes, occasionally rearranging pieces to ensure even coating.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Spray large shallow baking dish. Remove skewers from water. Divide fish and vegetable pieces into 4 even portions. Arrange and distribute them evenly on skewers, being careful not to break the pieces.
- Place on baking dish. Brush with remaining marinade not used for marinating raw fish. Broil for about 5-8 minutes, brushing frequently with marinade. Carefully turn over kebabs and continue cooking for an additional 4 minutes, basting frequently until fish is done. Serve.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.