June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month, a great time to add more plant foods to your diet. This seasonal salad boasts a pound of bright cherries. This colorful fruit is a good source of fiber, vitamin C and natural antioxidants called anthocyanins. Cherries pair perfectly with the natural sweetness of corn and mild flavor of leafy greens like arugula.
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper to taste
- 5 ounces baby arugula or baby spinach
- 4 ears cooked fresh corn, kernels sliced off cob
- 1/2 cup finely sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 lb fresh dark cherries, pitted, sliced in half
- In small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk well.
- In large salad bowl combine arugula, corn and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange salad on individual dishes and sprinkle with feta. Top with cherries and serve.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.