Our delicious salad marries summer’s juicy, sweet peaches and aromatic basil with slightly briny, velvety fresh mozzarella. This quick to fix, simple salad has an enticing bouquet – peaches are related to roses after all – and lots of vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium and fiber. It would be peachy-keen to serve as a light main dish or side salad at your next summer soirée.
- 1 lb. peaches, sliced into wedges, then cut crosswise (frozen may be used)
- 8 oz. part skimmed, fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, torn into medium pieces
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- In large mixing bowl combine peaches, mozzarella and basil.
- Drizzle on oil and vinegar, add salt and pepper, if using, and toss gently until evenly coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.