Eating a variety of vegetables provides your body with the right balance of nutrients and encourages you to get creative with cooking. This recipe features rutabaga, a root vegetable that’s mildly sweet and incredibly versatile. Roasted to perfection with a tangy sweet marinade, it’s prepped and ready in under an hour.
- 2 lbs rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary (or dried)
- Dash of red chili flakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 1. Toss rutabaga in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 1. Spread evenly on baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and fork tender.
- 1. Transfer rutabaga to large bowl and sprinkle lightly with vinegar, tossing to coat; allow it to absorb for about one minute.
- 1. Whisk together maple syrup, Dijon mustard, rosemary, and red chili flakes in a small bowl.
- 1. Drizzle Dijon mixture over rutabaga and toss.
- 1. Add additional black pepper, if needed.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.