Smoothies aren’t just a summer fad and can be enjoyed anytime of the year, especially for breakfast. This smoothie is blended with fruit, milk and chia seeds and is full of protein, calcium and fiber that will keep you satisfied. Strawberries contain ellagic acid, which may act as an antioxidant and decrease inflammation. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, rich in omega-3s and provide a good source of protein.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 4 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. strawberry preserves, or to taste
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place milk and chia seeds in a blender and let sit while measuring remaining ingredients.
- Add strawberries, preserves, orange zest, ginger and vanilla to blender. Whirl on high speed until smoothie is blended and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Healthy, Sweet Smoothie
Thank you for this recipe! Smoothies are a great way to add more nutrients to your menus. They can be especially helpful for people with a cancer diagnosis who may have a decreased appetite as a side effect of treatment.