Smoothies aren’t just a summer fad. This breakfast blend of fruit, milk and seeds is full of protein, calcium and fiber to get your day started right. Strawberries contain ellagic acid, which may act as an antioxidant and decrease inflammation. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, rich in omega-3s and provide a good source of protein.
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 4 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. strawberry fruit spread, or to taste
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place milk and chia seeds in a blender and let sit while measuring remaining ingredients.
- Add strawberries, preserves, orange zest, ginger and vanilla to blender. Whirl on high speed until smoothie is blended and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Healthy, Sweet Smoothie
Thank you for this recipe! Smoothies are a great way to add more nutrients to your menus. They can be especially helpful for people with a cancer diagnosis who may have a decreased appetite as a side effect of treatment.