Escape the summer heat with a refreshing chilled salad. This healthy side dish features cauliflower, a nutrient-rich cruciferous vegetable, packed with cancer protective compounds like indoles and isothiocyanates. Celery adds a crisp flavor. Finish it off with a tangy mustard vinaigrette and chill for the perfect healthy cool down.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam cauliflower florets 4 to 6 minutes or until desired tenderness. In large bowl, combine cauliflower and celery.
- In small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk together well. Pour dressing mixture over vegetables and toss gently to thoroughly coat.
- Cover and chill. Serve when chilled.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Great summer recipe for potlucks
This is my go to summer salad for family and for taking to any gathering. It gets rave reviews everywhere I take it. And so simple to make.