This easy and delicious sheet pan meal is seasoned with the vibrant Middle Eastern spice, za’atar, which you can find in many well-stocked supermarkets or online food shops. You can make it yourself by combining equal parts thyme, cumin, coriander, sesame seeds and sumac, with a pinch of red chili flakes. Flavorful spices can help you cut back on added sodium in your diet, too. Serve this recipe with your favorite whole grain (like farro or brown rice), cooked pasta or whole-wheat bread for a complete meal. This recipe is also great for prepping in advance; cut-up the vegetables on Sunday and put them into storage containers to pull out for meals all week long.
This recipe highlights the health benefits of eating more fiber-rich plant foods, including veggies, whole grains, fruits and beans, which is a key recommendation for reducing your risk for developing cancer. In particular, putting more pulses, like beans, on your plate is linked to lower risk of chronic diseases. So, start cooking the easy, plant-based way with this sheet pan recipe.
- 1 small head (about 1 pound) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium (about 9 ounces) bell pepper, sliced
- 2 small (about 3 ounces each) zucchini, cubed
- 2 medium (about 6 ounces each) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and, drained
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. za’atar*
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- On baking sheet, arrange vertical rows of cauliflower, bell pepper, zucchini, potatoes, onion and beans.
- In small dish, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, if using, and black pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over the vegetables.
- Place baking sheet on top rack of oven and roast until tender and golden, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with fresh parsley and za’atar and serve.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.