Sweet roasted vegetables and tangy marinated chicken make the perfect combination in this summer dinner. Fennel, summer squash, carrots and new potatoes are rich in fiber and a variety of cancer-fighting phytochemicals. The stone ground mustard sauce locks bold flavor into the chicken.
- 4 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- 4 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced 1 ½ -inch thick
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1 ½ -inch thick
- 4 carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 8 whole baby new red potatoes or 4 small red potatoes, halved
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large baking pan, arrange fennel, squash, zucchini, carrots, celery, onion, potatoes and thyme. Brush vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken over vegetables. Brush chicken with mustard sauce. Cover pan with foil and roast for approximately 50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove foil, increase oven temperature to broil and roast another 4-5 minutes to brown vegetables and chicken. Serve.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.