Not only is it versatile and delicious, garlic may also play a role in cancer prevention. The vegetable is rich in allium compounds, which have been linked with anti-cancer activity. Try this recipe for a quick and easy side dish that is bursting with garlic flavor.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- cup Sprinkle of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper (if using) to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and chard and cook, stirring frequently, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.