Ready in just 10 minutes, these vegetarian wraps are packed with fiber-rich chickpeas, fresh Boston lettuce and creamy avocado. Opting for meatless meals a few times a week is one way to eat more plant foods and cut down on processed meat — both excellent ways to lower your risk for cancer. These wraps are so versatile that once you get the hang of them, you can try them with chopped peppers, jalapenos or any fresh ingredients you have on hand.
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. feta cheese
- Add garbanzo beans to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mash to a smoother consistency (more or less depending on preference).
- Add avocado and lemon juice and continue mashing until well mixed.
- Stir in cilantro, red onion, celery, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Top lettuce cups with sliced tomatoes (and any other toppings, e.g. cucumbers, bell pepper, jalapenos or sprouts).
- Divide chickpea mixture into 4-5 portions and spoon onto lettuce cups*. Top with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
For a heartier version, serve on whole wheat bread instead of lettuce cups.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Simple yet delcious
Would recommended trying this!