May 7, 2019
Berry Nutty Breakfast Parfait
Build a breakfast sure to please this Mother's Day. This simple but elegant recipe is easy enough for children to prepare and serve. Give the gift of health with these cancer-fighting compounds like fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and anthocyanins.
- 2 cups blueberries and/or blackberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey, softened by placing the jar in a pan of water over low heat
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 4 Tbsp. chopped walnuts (pecans or almonds can be substituted)
- Place berries in mixing bowl. Drizzle with softened honey and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into four parfait glasses (tall, narrow wine glasses will do) and top with layer of berry mixture. Repeat layers with remaining yogurt and berry mix. Top with granola and nuts. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: 257 calories, 8 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 g carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber, 118 mg sodium.