This recipe is a smooth and flavorful breakfast for patients with cancer. Sweet maple syrup is paired with tart berries for a flavorful fruit compote. This delicious treat is an ideal meal or snack for those experiencing taste changes, aversions to sour taste or difficulty swallowing. Rich in antioxidants and fiber, this breakfast is an easy, nutritious and balanced meal.
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups frozen berries
- Add warm water to saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix cornmeal and cold water, stirring until combined.
- To boiling water, add cornmeal mixture, 1 Tbsp. maple syrup and salt. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While cornmeal is simmering, add fruit and remaining 2 Tbsp. maple syrup to saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, until fruit cooks down into compote.
- To serve, top cornmeal with fruit compote.
Recipe in partnership with Cancer Support Community.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.