Overnight oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast for patients with cancer. The mango provides sweet flavor and the Greek yogurt is slightly tart, making this breakfast bowl perfect for those with dry mouth. This recipe is ideal for those undergoing cancer treatment who need extra protein, fiber and calories. Serve with a cup of lemon herbal tea for a tasty breakfast.
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup milk*
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- Fruit or nuts, optional
- Combine mangos, yogurt, syrup and milk in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Mix in chia seeds and oats.
- Pour into two separate bowls, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- The next morning: Top with fruit, nuts or eat plain.
*Regular or reduced fat yogurt or milk may be used.
Recipe in partnership with Cancer Support Community.
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.