We want to live in a world where no one develops a preventable cancer. We champion the latest and most authoritative scientific research from around the world on cancer prevention and survival through diet, weight and physical activity, so that we can help people make informed lifestyle choices to reduce their cancer risk.
Join our team and help us advance research, improve cancer education and provide lifesaving resources. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit plans, work-life balance and an environment that fosters diversity and inclusion. More importantly, you will drive a mission that makes an impact and difference in so many lives.
Are you ready to make a difference? Please email your cover letter and resume to HR@aicr.org. Indicate the position you are applying to in the subject line.
Job Close Date: April 30, 2023
Do you possess a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills? Do you have the natural ability to carry a conversation? Do you want to have purpose in your work? If the answer is “yes,” we have the perfect role for you! Come join the team at American Institute for Cancer Research as a part-time Donor Relationship Specialist.
AICR is a multi-national charity, based in Arlington, VA with affiliates in the UK and Holland. AICR funds cutting-edge research in the fields of nutrition, physical activity and cancer prevention, treatment and survival.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make telephone contact with current donors to discuss AICR programs, diet and cancer; solicit continued support through regular appeals and thank you calls
- Manage call flows for all appeals and all other programs through using in-house call system.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Basic PC skills with capability to learn our in-house call center applications.
- Experience with Microsoft: Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Persuasive communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of donors.
- Previous call center experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
AICR is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.