Celebrate with colorful, homemade popsicles. Layers of mashed red cherries, blackberries and white Greek yogurt make for a healthier, low-sugar version of store-bought treats. Berries are rich in phytochemicals like anthocyanins and ellagic acid, compounds that counter inflammation and act as antioxidants. This recipe is easy to follow and a great activity to do with kids on summer vacation.
- 1 1/2 cup pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 24 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 12 (3 oz.) paper cups and 12 popsicle sticks
- In small mixing bowl mash cherries and blackberries. Drizzle on honey and mix together.
- In paper cups, layer alternating spoonfuls of yogurt and fruit until full. Place popsicle stick or plastic spoon in each cup. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, tear paper cup off popsicle and enjoy.
This recipe contains cancer fighting foods:
Leave a comment
We love to hear from the community! If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too.
Easy, Cool Summer Treat
A perfect cool treat for a hot, summer day! They are also good with strawberries. For a person with a cancer diagnosis experiencing mouth sores as a side effect of chemotherapy, these can also help soothe a sore mouth.