February 13, 2018
Winter Berry Smoothie Bowl
Frozen fruit—harvested ripe and frozen quickly—is packed with vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. No wonder diets rich in fruits (fresh, canned, frozen or dried) can help protect against chronic diseases. This easy smoothie bowl is filled with frozen berries, and topped with nutrient-rich toppings. It’s healthy enough for your next breakfast, lunch or filling snack.
- 1 cup frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- 1/3 cup plain, unflavored soy milk
- 1/2 banana, ripe
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (unsweetened, crushed cocoa beans)
Makes 1 large servings.
Per Serving: 389 calories, 19 g total fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 52 g carbohydrate, 17 g fiber, 13 g protein, 46 mg sodium.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
- Place all ingredients in a blender container. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with additional frozen berries, hemp seeds, and cocoa nibs.
- Enjoy immediately.
You May Also Like